How To Build Your Own Mimosa Bar + Brunch Kit + Elegant Brunch BookletNovember 18, 2022
Elevate your brunching and consider some fun alternatives to add a few twists – and a lot of personality – to everyone’s favorite weekend tradition – brunch and mimosas! A fizzy favorite and cultural phenomenon, there are many ways to have fun with this crowd-pleasing cocktail!
The classic mimosa is a fan favorite and staple for baby shower guests (mom-mosas), elegant bridal showers, holiday brunches, Mother’s Day brunches, birthday and retirement parties, and more!
Become the hostess with the mim-mostess ;) with these elevated ideas for brunch and brunch parties.
How To Create a Build Your Own Mimosa Bar
A fairly easy, but impactful way to impress your guests is to do a mimosa bar or a build-your-own concept. After all, variety is the spice of life!
Give guests a flight of juices, a bottle of sparkling wine (classic brut or brut rosé) & fresh fruit for garnishes so they can craft the perfect mimosa according to their tastes! This makes a memorable, visual impression and is great for mingling and conversation.
Carafe of Seasonal Juices to Elevate your Mimosas
- Spring – Pink Grapefruit, Blood Orange, Strawberry
- Summer – Peach, Watermelon, Mango
- Fall – Apple Cider, Pomegranate, Pink Grapefruit
Le Grand Courtâge rosé sparkling wine and white sparkling wine are also available in mini bottle sizes, 187ml perfect for favors and individual servings or even place settings and/or escort cards!
For even more elevated brunch entertaining and ideas, download our Brunch Ideas Booklet for loads of inspiration and recipes.
The beauty of brunch is that you get to incorporate sweet and savory dishes and be a little whimsical. And luckily, white and rosé sparkling wines are cuisine and cocktail friendly, and make for perfect pairing wines for practically everything from brunch to dessert.
Read more on brunch pairings on our elevated brunch blog!
Take It Up A Notch | Our Build Your Own Mimosa Kit!
A great hostess knows it’s all about the presentation.
Check out our online store for our new brunch kit! We’ve put together a beautiful collection of three acrylic carafes (for juices), a beautiful, branded silver champagne bucket, and bottle of sparkling blanc de blancs or brut rosé to make your next brunch elevated, elegant, and the toast of the town. The ideal gift for the friend who loves entertaining or a bride-to-be!
Move Beyond Mimosas: Build Your Own Sparkling Cocktail Bar
This set also works for events beyond brunches, consider a “build your own” sparkling cocktail bar for your next dinner party, cocktail party, and bachelor or bachelorette party!
In Silver Champagne Bucket: Bottle of French Sparkling Wine & 3 Carafes:
(1) Elderflower Syrup or Juice.
(2) Pomegranate or Cranberry Juice
(3) Gin or Vodka
(4) Raspberries and Blueberries
This way, guests can craft a delicious fizzy cocktail to their preference, and you can relax and enjoy the best part of hosting, enjoying time with friends and family.
Best Juices for Mimosas
Our favorite juices to use for mimosas and other fruity sparkling wine cocktails:
- Simply Juices: Simply has an amazing selection of orange and other fruit juices, and many “light’ options made with less sugar and fewer calories! Beautiful carafe style bottles and lovely branding look great on a make your own mimosa bar. Best for casual brunches.
- Santa Cruz Organics: We love the line of juices and all their unique offerings! Organic and packaged in gorgeous glass bottles, these juices are best for elegant, more upscale brunches.
- R.W. Knudsen: Also packaged in beautiful glass bottles, these natural, unsweetened, no sugar added juices are delicious and include rare finds like blueberry and black current flavors!
Better your Brunch
Elevate the Traditional mimosa and move beyond classic Orange Juice and sparkling wine mimosa recipe. Consider changing up the mimosa juices for your brunch sparkling cocktails seasonally, such as:
Fall & Winter Mimosas
Play With Your Foods (And Drinks!)
Get creative! Add fun rims and eye-catching garnishes for extra flavor and fun! A few favorite ways to play up your mimosas:
- Floral and/or Fruity Ice Cubes
- Cinnamon Sugar Rims
- Spicy Tajin Rim
- Fresh Herb Garnishes
- Fresh Fruit on Skewers
- Edible Sugar or Glitter Cocktail Cubes
Mimosa FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the best champagne, sparkling wine or prosecco for Mimosas? And what’s the difference between them?
Rather than just focusing on the best ‘Champagne’ for Mimosas, we will highlight some affordable Brunch sparkling wine alternatives
First, you might ask, what’s the difference between sparkling wine and champagne… here are a couple of facts to provide some insights:
- Sparkling wine can only be called Champagne if it comes from the region of Champagne, France which is located just outside of Paris.
- Furthermore, Champagne can only be made using Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Meunier grapes. Elsewhere in the world, other grapes are allowed for prosecco, French sparkling wine, cava, etc.
- To clarify, all Champagne is sparkling wine, but not all sparkling wine is Champagne. We really should think of Champagne in terms of a geographical location as opposed to a winemaking style.
When you want a more traditional style and imagery of French champagne, but don’t want to spend a small fortune, then we suggest looking at affordable French sparkling wines and cremants, like Le Grand Courtâge Blanc de Blancs Brut and Brut Rose.
If you are looking to splurge, then might we suggest Lanson Champagne, Bollinger Champagne, or the ever-classic yellow label, Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne?
If you are looking for a cheaper wine and/or a sweeter profile, then prosecco is a great option and the options are plenty, like La Marca, Zonin, or Mionetto to name a few.
Of philosophy, however, is why buy Veuve when you can get two?! Stock up on our affordable French sparkling wine, and let the bubbly flow.
So, what type of sparkling wine is best for your brunch mimosas?
There are a few things to consider when choosing the best sparkling wine for mimosas and other sparkling wine and champagne cocktails. Read our thoughts Here.
More Sparkling Wine Cocktail Recipes to Try | Free Sparkling Cocktail Recipe Books:
Sparkling wine is amazing in cocktails. Even a small splash of bubbles can brighten up a drink, enlivening or lifting its flavors and making it feel an awful lot more festive. Whether you are looking for cocktails for Brunch, a shower, a cocktail party, or an aperitif with friends, we have you covered with cocktails that go from brunch through to dessert.
- Sparkling Cocktails – Spring & Summer Sparkling Champagne Cocktails
- Champagne Cocktails for any Occasion & Theme – Click Link for recipes LGC Cocktails by Spirit Type or LGC Healthy/Low & Lite Cocktails or our Spritz Alternatives and we have Frosé Cocktail Options
- Weddings/Events – As our name means ‘the great courtship’ we are perfect for bridal-related events, and the 187ml offers a perfect party favor or guest amenity. LGC Signature Cocktails by Color/Theme
- Rosé Cocktails – A pink drink for every occasion. Download our LGC Rosé wine Cocktail booklet.
Enjoy your Sunday Funday, or heck, make a mimosa a more regular staple in your life. Pop. Fizz. Clink.