Best Juices for DIY mimosaJanuary 13, 2023
Elevate your brunching and consider some fun alternatives to add a few twists – and a lot of personality – to everyone’s favorite weekend tradition – mimosas!
Best Juices For Mimosas
Our favorite juices to use for mimosas and other fruity sparkling wine cocktails:
- Simply Juices: Simply has an amazing selection of orange and other fruit juices, and many “light’ options made with less sugar and fewer calories! Beautiful carafe style bottles and lovely branding look great on a make your own mimosa bar. Best for casual brunches.
- Santa Cruz Organics: We love the line of juices and all their unique offerings! Organic and packaged in gorgeous glass bottles, these juices are best for elegant, more upscale brunches.
- R.W. Knudsen: Also packaged in beautiful glass bottles, these natural, unsweetened, no sugar added juices are delicious and include rare finds like blueberry and black current flavors!
Better your Brunch
Use code (LGCPROMO) for 15% your first purchase of Sparkling Wine from us.
Elevate the Traditional mimosa and move beyond classic Orange Juice and sparkling wine mimosa recipe… consider changing up the mimosa juices for your brunch sparkling cocktails seasonally, such as:
Fall & Winter Mimosas
Pineapple Mimosa Recipe by Caroline’s Cooking
- 2 oz pineapple juice 60ml
- ½ oz triple sec 15ml (orange liqueur eg cointreau)
- 3 oz champagne 90ml, approx, or other sparkling wine
Put the pineapple juice and triple sec in a champagne flute. Stir gently to combine. Top up the glass with sparkling wine and serve.
Build Your Own Mimosa Bar
Put your beautiful selection of fruit juices to good use! A fairly easy, but impactful way to impress your guests is to do a mimosa bar or a build-your-own concept. After all, variety is the spice of life!
Give guests a flight of juices, a bottle of sparkling wine (classic brut or brut rosé) & fresh fruit for garnishes so they can craft the perfect mimosa according to their tastes! This makes a memorable, visual impression and is great for mingling and conversation.
Le Grand Courtâge rosé sparkling wine and white sparkling wine are also available in mini bottle sizes, 187ml perfect for favors and individual servings or even place settings and/or escort cards!
For even more elevated brunch entertaining and ideas, download our Brunch Ideas Booklet for loads of inspiration and recipes.
The beauty of brunch is that you get to incorporate sweet and savory dishes and be a little whimsical. And luckily, white and rosé sparkling wines are cuisine and cocktail friendly, and make for perfect pairing wines for practically everything from brunch to dessert.
Read more on brunch pairings on our elevated brunch blog!
Play With Your Foods (And Drinks!)
Get creative! Add fun rims and garnishes for extra flavor and fun! A few favorite ways to play up your mimosas:
- Floral and/or Fruity Ice Cubes
- Cinnamon Sugar Rims
- Spicy Tajin Rim
- Fresh Herb Garnishes
- Fresh Fruit On Skewers
- Edible Sugar or Glitter Cocktail Cubes
Mimosa FAQs ( Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the best champagne or sparkling wine for Mimosas?
First, you might ask, what’s the difference between sparkling wine and champagne… here’s a couple facts to provide some insights:
- Sparkling wine can only be called Champagne if it comes from the region of Champagne, France which is located just outside of Paris.
- Furthermore, Champagne can only be made using Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Meunier grapes.
- To clarify, all Champagne is sparkling wine, but not all sparkling wine is Champagne. We really should think of Champagne in terms of a geographical location as opposed to a winemaking style.
So what type of sparkling wine is best for your brunch mimosas?
There are a few things to consider when choosing the best sparkling wine for mimosas and other sparkling wine and champagne cocktails. Read our thoughts, here!
More Sparkling Wine Cocktail Recipes To Try | Free Sparkling Cocktail Recipe Books:
You might be well-versed in thinking of topping off cocktails with Champagne and Prosecco, but it’s time to think pink and play with Pink “Champagne” or Sparkling Rosé as it adds a little more structure but is also vibrant, youthful fruit notes that pair well with spirits.
Sparkling wine is amazing in cocktails. Even a small splash of bubbles can brighten up a drink, enlivening or lifting its flavors and making it feel an awful lot more festive. Whether you are looking for cocktails for Brunch, a shower, a cocktail party, or an aperitif with friends, we have you covered with cocktails that go from brunch through to dessert.
- Sparkling Cocktails – Spring & Summer Sparkling Champagne Cocktails
- Champagne Cocktails for any Occasion & Theme – Click Link for recipes LGC Cocktails by Spirit Type or LGC Healthy/Low & Lite Cocktails or our Spritz Alternatives and we have Frosé Cocktail Options
- Weddings/Events – As our name means ‘the great courtship’ we are perfect for bridal-related events, and the 187ml offers a perfect party favor or guest amenity. LGC Signature Cocktails by Color/Theme
- Rosé Cocktails – A pink drink for every occasion. Download our LGC Rosé wine Cocktail booklet.